ProMarine Supplies Hand Casting Kit
ProMarine Supplies is introducing our new easy-to-use Hand Casting Kit, which you can use to create treasured memories and keepsakes. This DIY hand casting kit includes:
- A plastic molding bucket
- Step 1 mold-making material (alginate)
- Step 2 casting material (plaster)
- Demolding stick
- Detailing pins
- A full list of instructions
What Is It?
A hand casting kit is a collection of items that allows you to create a mold of your hand, or a loved ones’, and cast that mold. This results in the final product of a replica of that hand! Use it to make the perfect memento for a variety of special occasions and preserve those memories for life.
How Long Does It Take?
Between prep time (10 minutes), casting time (30 minutes), and demolding time (six+ hours), this project should take roughly seven hours, depending on various factors.
Hand Casting Kit Tips
- Read the instructions through beforehand
- Always wear safety glasses and a mask when working with the materials
- Have someone help you out if they can
- Practice hand positioning ahead of time for better results
- Apply water or baby oil to your hands before putting them in the mold
- Do not wait any more than 24 hours to start demolding